Questions and Answers
- Residency in Anesthesiology: Duke University School of Medicine. 1981 to 1983. Duham, N.C.
- Flight Surgeon, primary. USAF School of Aerospace Medicine, San Antonio, Tx. 1983.
- Internship in Surgery: University of North Carolina School of Medicine. 1980 to 1981. Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Medical Education: University of Maryland School of Medicine. 1976 to 1980. Baltimore, MD.
- Degree: Doctorate of Medicine
- Undergraduate Education: University of Maryland. 1972 to 1975. College Park, MD.
- Degree: Bachelor of Science
- Majors: Chemistry/Psychology
Air Command and Staff College, 1987.
Naval War College, 1991.
American Board of Anesthesiology, 1985.
American Board of Anesthesiology
Certification of Advanced Qualification in Pain Management, 1994.
American Academy of Pain Management, l989.
American Board of Pain Medicine, 1994.
American Board of Minimally Invasive Spinal Medicine & Surgery, 1999.
Fellow American College of Anesthesiologists
Fellow American College of Pain Medicine
Fellow American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine and Surgery
Over 25 professional journal articles and textbook chapters
Many regional, national and international professional presentations
Editorial review boards, peer review panels & faculty appointments
Many Visiting Professorships and lectureships
Broadcast Media Experience
550 AM: WSVA Harrisonburg, Virginia
Weekly/Weeknights 7:10-8:00 p.m. 1995 to 2001
Talk Radio Host: “Pain-Free Living, with Doctor David Klein”
Radio PSA’s: “Medical Moments, with Doctor David Klein”
Nov 1994 to 2001
News 96.5 – Ask the Experts Sundays 3:00-5:00 p.m. 2012-2020
WFLA 94.1 - Stages of Life Radio with David Klein M.D.
US Navy Commendation Medal
US Navy Achievement Medal
US Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award w/ 2 OLC
Navy Meritorious Unit Citation
Air Force Longevity Ribbon
Air Force SAEM Ribbon w/ 1 device
Air Force Accession Ribbon
US Navy Marksmanship, M-16
US Navy Expert Marksmanship, .45 cal.
National Defense Service Medal